Data Privacy Summary
- We neither display advertising on our app or website, nor do we use your data to advertise to you.
- We do not sell or share your information with third parties to advertise or market to you.
- We do not host third party cookies or trackers that would enable those third parties to track you on our sites.
- We use the data you share for the sole purpose to provide you with Seity’s services, keep you updated about new developments, and improve the service offered to you. We only use third party services that have made the same commitment to us.
- If you have additional questions about how we collect, disclose, and store your data, simply email us at [email protected]
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single individual. We do not collect and personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the web or app.
What Personal Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information (as defined in this policy) and information collected automatically (as defined in this policy). You or your child can use some of the Services without actively submitting any information, but most of the Services may allow you or your child to provide personal information, such as the following:
- Identifiers such as first and last name, username, phone number, email address, mailing address.
- Profile information such as date of birth, gender, marital status, occupation, education, and interests.
- Parent or guardian contact information.
- Payment information such as credit card number.
- Geolocation data, such as GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs, where you have allowed access to that information from your mobile device. We do not collect such information from Services that are directed to children.
- If you choose to post content or communicate with us or others on a public platform we host or through user support, we will collect the information you provide in those postings. We do not allow children to communicate with others on public platforms.
We automatically collect certain information when you or your child accesses and use our Services, including:
- Device and network identifiers such as IP address, mobile advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on the Services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your Internet service provider (ISP), browser type and operating system version, language settings, access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access the Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within the Services.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you, or your child based on the information we, or our partners, collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location (e.g., country, state, and city) based on your IP address. Please note that all the information we collect maybe combined and used for the purposes described in the “How We Use Personal Information” section below.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Seity collects and uses your personal information to operate the web, app, and deliver the services you have requested. We may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products and services available from Seity. Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase.
- Communicate with you about your account with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- Verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may verify your date of birth to securely deliver a password reset request.
- Enable you to participate in interactive features of the services, including participation in sweepstakes, contests, or promotions.
- Personalize content and experiences.
- Send important notices, such as communication about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Due to the important nature of this interaction with Seity, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services, and operations, including by using guest survey research and analytics tools; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal; and
- Notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Used
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Seity. These technologies allow us to optimize the operation of our Services, by allowing us to help ensure our Services are functioning properly, better understand user behaviour, and improve our services. Cookies and similar technologies used make it easier for you to navigate the app or web, store your passwords so you don’t have to enter it more than once, administer the site, analyze trends, and gather usage information.
As true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Seity does not sell, rent, or lease personal information to third parties. At times Seity may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services. When we need to provide your personal data to third parties, we will only share it to the extent necessary to provide you with our services, and we ensure that we have in place data protection requirements with these third parties (including standard contractual clauses as well as the requisite technical and organizational measures). While we provide these third parties with no more information than what is necessary to enable them to provide the services to us, any information that you provide these services providers independently is subject to their respective privacy policies and practices.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities or regulatory bodies, including to meet law enforcement requirements, in the case of a court order, a summons to appear in court or any other similar requisition from a government or the judiciary, or to establish or defend a legal application. Additionally, we will provide information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Safeguarding Personal Information
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification.We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate innovative technology and methods.
Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Your account is protected by password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by singing off after you have finished accessing your account. Outages, attacks, unauthorized use, or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. In the event of a security breach, we will notify you by posting on the Seity website and notifying you by using the email address on your account within 72 hours of Seity becoming aware of such breach.
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your registration account.
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts.
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Choosing to limit participation in health challenges.
- Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or application; and
- Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact [email protected]